SevenC3 is part of the C3 family, Europe’s largest content marketing network. We believe in creating content that matters. Here in London, we have a varied client list that we’re really proud of, from Sainsbury’s magazine to EY and Bosch. We’re a friendly bunch and take a holistic approach, blending wellbeing and mental health, personal aims, and business targets to get the best performance from everyone.
The role: Editor
Reporting to: Helena Lang - Head of Content
You’ll oversee the multi-platform content produced for EY and other clients in the B2B sector – planning, commissioning, and editing to a high standard and ensuring all content delivered is on time and in budget.
- Performing an Editor role for EY client work
- Overseeing multiple projects within the B2B and finance sector but particularly for EY
- Working closely with account management and attending client meetings
- Presenting and pitching ideas directly to senior level clients
- Writing detailed briefs with strong narratives for client approval and delivering those to your external network of specialist writers
- Understanding and being able to commission, edit and also write long-form articles, thought-leadership articles, white papers, survey reports, blogs for LinkedIn, video and podcast scripts
- Working across numerous subject areas – within EY this will include a focus on tax and indirect tax
- Keeping on top of the relevant markets and industry news in which EY and other clients operate
- Attending weekly client calls and taking on feedback and new key tasks
- Understanding the client’s needs and requirements, taking in amends but also having the knowledge and confidence to push back when required
- Proactively exploring topics to further develop client ideas
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when..
- Client KPIs are hit and you are delivering high quality content that hits the mark each time
- You and the account management team continue to grow the B2B side of the business
- Client feedback is continuously positive
- You form a strong and successful working relationship with your colleagues at SevenC3
- You form a strong and successful working partnership with the EY client and others
More than this, it’s about how you go about your days at SevenC3. We are a small but feisty agency, ambitious but kind. The values we hold show the type of people you’ll work with and what really matters to us.
MAKE AN IMPACT- You get involved, you focus on results and create amazing work. You have the infectious energy that makes great things happen. You make a positive impact on the lives of your colleagues, our clients and on the community.
HAVE COURAGE - You make tough decisions for the greater good of the team and agency. You admit when things aren’t working, either for you personally or for the work being produced. You speak up, to make improvements, to make things better. You call out disrespectful behaviour. You jump out of your comfort zone, take smart risks, challenge yourself and learn.
BE KIND- Kindness helps you work well with others and treat them with respect. Kindness delivers a great experience for clients. Being kind and taking a selfless approach gives clarity on the right thing to do. Kindness makes everyone feel welcome, accepted, and valued. Kindness is the unsung hero.
OWN IT - It’s yours to run through walls with to make it happen. Own the problems, make them better. Keep up that relentless passion to create great work. Take charge of your career destiny.
Experience and interests
- A senior editor role, working on a specialist finance title
- Experience of managing an editorial team and commissioning, editing and feeding back to editorial teams
- Confidence and experience of pitching ideas to clients or senior editors
- A keen interest in finance and tax
Hours and Location
We have successfully implemented a hybrid model of home/office working which aims to retain the best bits of remote working while welcoming back the social and creative interaction needed for employee happiness and business success. The focus is more on output and a cohesive culture and less on physical location. Employees will work 2 days from our office space at FORA Clerkenwell, and 3 days from home but there is total trust in individuals and teams to flex this blend of home/office working to create the optimal work life balance while getting the work done in the best way.
Our core hours are 9.30-5.30 Monday to Friday. This role is advertised as a full-time role but please talk to us about part-time hours if this is your preference.
In return you get …
- 25 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Flexibility; we’re very open to a variation in working patterns. Providing it works for the business and works for you, we’re happy.
- Occupational pension – currently 4% matched pension contributions
- Vitality healthcare – single cover Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance and Income Protection scheme
- Regular access to a wealth of wellbeing initiatives from mindfulness and CBT practitioners to yoga classes
- Awesome summer and Christmas parties, plus a calendar of treats/food/drink and team social events to keep you cheery throughout the year
SevenC3 is an equal opportunities employer to all employees and applicants. Diversity isn’t enough, we believe in the power of unity; we believe in fairness, and we value the kinetic energy that being truly inclusive has on the culture of a business. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to have a current and full UK work permit and be able to work from our London office. Please send your CV and cover letter, REF EdMar22. Closing date 29th April 2022.