Contributing Editor - Commerce [Temp/Contract], Dow Jones - NY
Dow Jones is launching a new commerce offering that will live within The Wall Street Journal brand. Powered by our mission to provide the world's most trusted journalism, data and analysis to help people make decisions, this team will be separate from the Journal's newsroom and produce content for our readers on making the best purchasing decisions in their personal and financial lives.
WSJ Commerce is seeking an enterprising Contributing Editor to join our launch team. We're The Wall Street Journal's separate affiliate content operation launching on WSJ.com. Prefer NYC-area based as we are a flexible, hybrid work operation based in Rockefeller Center.
- Edit and top edit articles
- Work within our CMS to build stories that engage our audience
- Direct writers on revises and ensure revised copy comes in on deadline
- Spot-check facts in articles
- Collaborate with other team members
- Assign stories as needed
- Pitch in on additional editorial tasks that may include editing our newsletter, writing social language
- Be involved with pitching stories and ideation
Partner with various departments
- Editorial, Writers
- Product, Technology, Web Operations
- Business Development
- 5-10 years of experience in editorial roles (exposure to commerce content is a plus but is not required)
- Knowledge of some of the likely categories of the commerce initiative, including personal finance and lifestyle goods
- Experience writing and/or editing lifestyle journalism content
- Experience using SEO insights to improve the performance of articles
- Ability to produce well-reported, clean, publish-ready articles
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Understanding of social media
- College degree preferred
- Experience editing consumer goods and lifestyle stories
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Microsoft Office and content management systems
- A positive attitude and a collaborative approach to content creation
- Comfortable working in highly matrixed organizations
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Req ID: 31845