Editor - Off Duty, WSJ - NY
The Wall Street Journal is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced editor to work within the fashion team of Off Duty, a lifestyle service section that appears in the Weekend print edition and on all digital platforms, as well as contribute to Off Duty's other subsections (Design, Travel, Food and Gear & Gadgets).
You will work closely with the team to develop and edit stories that help readers understand trends and solve lifestyle problems in a smart, journalistic way. You should have at least 4-5 years senior-level experience in both print and digital lifestyle journalism. You must be organized, meticulous, and able to juggle the demands of multiple projects.
- Edit stories to assure that they fulfill Off Duty's service-oriented agenda and meet the journalistic and ethical standards of The Wall Street Journal.
- Usher stories through the proofing and fact-checking process
- Serve as the liaison between editors, art, photo and digital departments, participating fully in the planning of digital presentations, optimizing stories for SEO and overall user experience.
- Serve as the point person for all story planning and schedule organization matters.
- Report and write stories, as needed.
- A thorough grasp of lifestyle trends and a sophisticated taste level and visual sense.
- Original packaging and conceptual instincts; strong editing and writing skills; a sharp sense of humor.
- Digital savvy, plus experience crafting social-media strategies and SEO-friendly display.
While you may start in this position remotely, you will eventually be based in New York City. You will report to the Editor of Off Duty.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the position.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 31621