Reporter - Markets, WSJ - NY
5 days left
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a reporter to cover U.S. financial markets - -a high-profile, fast-paced beat at the core of the newsroom -- including cryptocurrencies and other emerging topics. You'll sit at the intersection of big themes that touch markets, economies and investors all over the world, and you should be eager to explain these dynamics to a general audience and to sophisticated financial readers.
Our markets reporters develop broad expertise across the financial landscape, and you should have the intellectual curiosity to take on stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies or whatever else is in the news. We'll ask you especially to dive in on cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance.
- write about daily moves in financial markets, bring readers both news and analysis with urgency
- become a crypto expert, conversant in crypto markets and in crypto concepts
- use your analytical skills and expertise to write authoritative and creative feature stories about crypto and other parts of the financial markets
- experience covering markets or a related subject; we will also consider candidates with track record of scoops and enterprise work on other beats
- strong explanatory writing skills
- an ability to work with data; data-analysis or coding skills are a plus
- flexibility to work both in short, fast formats and in longer narrative formats
You will report to one of the Journal's Markets Editors. While you may start the job working remotely, you will eventually be based in our New York office.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and relevant clips of your past work.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 30818