Which?, Senior Editor (Money and Shopping)
Department: Which? Money Editorial
Location: London - Hybrid Working (5-8 days per month in the office)
Job type: 9-12 Month FTC. 4-5 days per week
We're looking for an outstanding senior editor to join our Money team to lead on developing and implementing retail and personal finance content initiatives
What you'll be doing
Supporting the Head of Content, and working closely with the wider editorial team, you will help to set and deliver strategic and operational direction for Money and retail content over the next 9-12 months.
You’ll lead the commissioning, editing and content strategy for our retail content, working with an award-winning team of journalists and researchers publishing content across the retail and personal finance sector. In just the past year, we’ve investigated how fresh online grocery deliveries really are, exposed the duds masked as great deals on Black Friday and celebrated the best retailers through our unique consumer surveys - with the aim of helping people have a brilliant retail experience, wherever and however they shop.
You'll bring innovative ideas on emerging and existing consumer issues to improve and extend the content that Which? offers and how we better engage and retain our audiences. You'll maintain and develop a high level of editorial expertise, and use this to drive improvements to the organisation's commercial KPIs and editorial processes for both print and digital platforms.
As well as commissioning and editing innovative, impactful content on money and retail topics, you'll work across our wider content portfolio to cultivate a more irresistible, habit-forming content experience, and develop new techniques, assets and tactics to bring the ‘Which? Difference' to life.
What we're looking for
- Deep understanding of and affinity with Which?, and bags of ideas for what more we can do to deliver a first rate content experience.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to inspire, organise and set clear direction for others (line management experience is desirable).
- A passion for driving innovation and improvement at a department-wide level, and experience/enthusiasm delivering editorial training.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully editing and commissioning high-quality, high-reach content for consumer audiences across digital, print and video.
- A numerate, analytical mind with a sharp eye for detail.
- Excellent insight into consumer needs and desires, driven by a strong understanding of SEO, market intelligence, data analytics and the Which? business strategy and model.
- Exceptional writing, editing and commissioning skills.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and content management systems.
What you can expect from us?
We'll expect a lot from you as one of our senior editors but you can expect just as much from us in return. We offer one of the most comprehensive rewards packages around — it includes a generous pension scheme, 28 days' holiday (pro rata), life assurance and an extremely flexible approach to hybrid working. On top of that, we can provide you with a fun and supportive environment to ensure you enjoy building your career with us.
About the Which? way of life?
We want you to do great work and enjoy it in a workplace that respects and empowers you. In 2019 we were a runner up in the medium-sized organisation category for Britain's Healthiest Workplace, and we signed up to the Time to Change employer pledge that protects staff against mental health discrimination. We're also a Stonewall-accredited employer.
To apply please attach your CV and a short covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit. Deadline: Friday 11th February 2022
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore when required we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.