eFinancialCareers, Digital Journalist/Editor
Title: Digital Journalist/Editor
Reporting to: Senior Editor
Direct reports: none
Location: Old Street, London, UK
Work schedule: full-time, hybrid (3 days remote, 2 days office)
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum (annual bonus 10%)
Are you interested in what makes some of the highest-earning people in the economy tick? Is it just about money and prestige, or are there other reasons people work in finance? Why do people really stick around when 100-hour weeks damage their health? Why do technologists at Facebook or Google join banks (or not)?
eFinancialCareers, the leading network of career sites for financial professionals, is looking for someone to join the editorial team who’s interested in addressing these topics and more. You might be a proven journalist with an eye for great content and an interest in the psychological and anthropological issues that inspire career decisions in a hard-driving industry, or you might be an ex-banker or trader with an insight into your colleagues. Either way, you’ll help us create the kind of articles and content that make eFinancialCareers the must-visit site and community for people working in the financial services industry globally.
You’ll be working with our global editor producing stories about jobs and careers in the financial services industry (including the fintech sector, investment banks/hedge funds/private equity).
Day to day you will:
- Help manage a small team of specialist freelancers and journalists
- Originate and develop your own story ideas. Edit and sub-edit stories from other journalists. Rewrite and optimize our existing ‘evergreen’ articles for SEO
- Write for an audience of experienced industry professionals and for students interested in getting into the financial services industry
- Write global stories of interest to readers in both the U.S and European markets
- Juggle multiple stories and ideas to ensure a flow of pieces for the site
- Encourage, manage and respond to readers’ comments
- Source compelling images from photo libraries
- Work on short audio and visual content pieces to broaden our reach
- Work with eFinancialCareers’ data to develop interesting narratives for longer reports
- Develop a range of insider contacts in the fintech industry. Use these contacts to source unusual stories – we don’t write from press releases!
- Help nurture junior talent
What we are looking for from you:
- Previous writing and editing experience preferable, ideally within the financial services sector. But we’re also opening to hire people with finance or technology experience who can write
- Excellent written English, and able to write and produce compelling, quirky, authoritative content on finance
- Adept at crafting enticing but explanatory headlines
- An ideas generator; able to recognize which ideas will work and which won’t
- Fast, accurate, fun writer of informative accurate content that insiders will love
- Interested in financial services and technology
- A self-starter and able to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communicator, both visually and in writing
- An oblique (but still humorous) sense of humour
When you become an eFinancialCareers team member, you join a company that values their talented and dedicated employees. We provide a flexible work environment (2 days in the office, 3 days from home), a competitive salary and great benefits, including health and wellbeing benefits such as medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, medical cash plan, gym membership contribution, ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme, early finish Fridays, as well as access to a mental health app and an employee assistance program.
In addition we also offer:
- Private pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- Life insurance;
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing the amount for 1 day per year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days; and
- up to 2 volunteering days per year; and
- individual training budget available, plus access to a learning platform.
If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider eFinancialCareers.