Eliza, Picture Editor
Eliza is an exciting digital publication that offers a fashion, beauty and lifestyle shopping companion for the mass market. Aimed at women 25+, Eliza will showcase the best new products on the high street, offer first-class fashion and beauty advice and inspiration, while informing our audience how to shop more sustainably.
We are looking for an experienced, digital-first picture editor to join our team as we build Eliza out across multiple platforms. Working with the Editors and the Creative Director, the candidate will help to establish and develop Eliza’s visual identity.
This is an exciting position that combines commissioning original and creative photoshoots, with the day to day running of a digital picture desk.
The ideal candidate will also be interested in video and have some editing experience, and also be willing to support our social media team with visual ideas for social media.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on a picture desk is required.
- Work with the team to develop Eliza’s visual identity.
- Oversee all picture usage across the Eliza website and our social channels, this will be a combination of original shoots, agency pictures
and product images.
- Organise our picture protocol, including setting up our picture system in line with our CMS.
- Work with the Creative Director to commission original artwork, including photography, illustrations, infographics and animations.
- Generate ideas for picture and video content through extensive picture research.
- Liaise with PRs and agencies for images and contacts.
- Check accuracy of picture captions and credits.
- Negotiate and secure picture rights.
- Extensive relationships with picture agencies, photographers, model agencies and hair and makeup artists.
- A sound legal understanding of picture rights and copyright.
- Strong technical knowledge of picture management and web publishing systems.
- Ability to use Photoshop and InDesign.
- Confidence to negotiate fair prices and contracts.
- Experience managing picture budgets and organising invoices.
- A team player who copes well with tight deadlines.
- A passion for fashion and beauty.
- Video editing skills are a bonus.
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates
regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.