Zest, Editorial Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy editorial team and develop existing skills as an editor and writer.
Working closely with the Editors of Absolutely London titles and Absolutely Education titles, with further opportunities to contribute across other titles in Zest Media Group, you will be an integral part of producing print issues, as well as assisting with production of digital and social media content.
You will be involved in all stages of the magazine cycle, from planning and content creation to production and press day. We're looking for a keen and diligent team player who relishes the pace and deadlines of a busy magazine environment and enjoys the opportunity to contribute ideas and help to develop fresh, original and accurate print and digital content.
This role would suit someone with some previous experience in media environments (full-time or intern), with a willingness to learn and take on responsibility. While the role is remote at present, ability to attend some London events and meetings is essential.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Research and write clear, engaging and accurate stories to tight deadlines.
- Assist with editing and sub-editing, proof reading and fact checking.
- Create editorial as well as some advertising promotion features, working to tight briefs.
- Respond to PR and other enquiries and assist with general editorial duties.
- Attend some events and represent Absolutely titles.
- Attention to detail, with ability to fact check and proofread, following style guides.
- Aptitude for (and a willingness to improve on) writing / editing skills.
- Keen to learn about our markets and readers and tailor content appropriately.
- Good time management with ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Enjoy both independent and team working and being part of a busy environment.
- Relish the opportunity to develop ideas and build contacts in the industry.
- Adobe experience useful – ability to learn our key media desktop products essential.
Zest Media Group are experts in producing engaging content and design tailored to specific audiences. We launched Absolutely Magazines in 2011 and this hugely successful lifestyle brand serving London has expanded to encompass specialist titles for different sectors and regional audiences.
Our talented and creative team develop magazines for luxury and specialist markets across the UK and internationally, as well as building bespoke content for clients, unique digital products and exclusive design and advertising content.
Find us https://zest.london/