Dotdash Meredith, Associate Editor - Finance
About Your Role
As Associate Editor, Finance, you’ll produce markets, business and economic news for both Investopedia and The Balance. You’ll work alongside our editorial, research, newsletter and social teams to identify story ideas, write or edit news pieces, and distribute content across multimedia platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing and/or editing financial media, specifically in the markets and economics verticals. They can produce multimedia content for digitally-native audiences looking to learn more about money, government, business and tech, and the ways they affect our lives. They’ll have a strong sensibility for what topics make news, and have the ability to translate those topics into content that amplifies our
world renowned finance brands.
About Your Contributions
- Produce timely news and editorial specials, and assist production on podcasts, newsletters and media appearances for our on-air experts.
- Write and/or edit detailed, well-researched articles on trending economic, finance, business and tech topics to be used on-site, in newsletters and in media segments.
- Assist the weekly production of podcasts through research, guest booking, writing and promotion.
- Create visuals in datawrapper for media segments, newsletters, social and articles.
- Provide detailed, accurate background research for media segments and briefing documents.
- Edit and update existing articles and special reports.
- Monitor trends in news, finance, business and tech to keep the earned media team up-to-date on the most important topics to our audiences.
- Assist the social media team with daily instagram, twitter, Linkedin and TikTok posts.
- Assist the research team with identifying new data sources, topics and visuals.
- 2+ years of experience in financial/business journalism.
- Excellent editorial skills that can translate business, finance and tech news into thoughtful analysis aimed at U.S. retail investors.
- Strong project management skills, extreme attention to detail, and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be well-versed in markets coverage, with the ability to report on pre-opening bell, intra-day and after-the-close market moves for newsletter and on-site coverage.
- Experience producing data journalism and data visualizations preferred.
- Experience producing social media content preferred.
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest-growing publishers online and has won over 80 awards in the last year alone. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of each employee. We require all employees (and guests) visiting or working in any of its offices or attending company-sponsored events, client meetings, or other company-related off-site activity to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC), and we offer multiple ways to share proof of vaccination with us.