Hearst UK, Picture Editor - Cosmopolitan & Wellness Hub
Picture Editor - Cosmopolitan & Wellness Hub
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Picture Editor to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Picture team working across Cosmopolitan/Men’s Health/Runner’s World/Women’s Health as Picture Editor. This position is responsible for the creation of print content to maintain the quality of some of Hearst’s best-known brands
The Picture Editor will work closely with the Picture Directors to achieve the ‘look and feel’ of each title within the Wellness and Cosmopolitan Hub. They will provide imaginative, knowledgeable and resourceful picture research and be able to co-ordinate a range of shoots from Cosmo covers to still life gadget shoots and lifestyle real people shoots whilst always maintaining the impressive visual quality the brands are known for. They will deputise for the Picture Director in their absence and be responsible for managing budgets on each brand. The right candidate will thrive in a busy workplace and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- The Picture Editor will hold and create new relationships with photographers, studios, picture and location agencies, stylists, prop companies, hair and make-up agencies and talent PR and management.
- Work across the budgets for all titles ensuring that picture budgets are adhered to and invoices are processed on time.
- Work closely with the Picture Directors and the rest of the team and also work alongside the entire content team to determine the best images for every feature.
- To attend weekly editorial meetings to discuss the flat plan, forthcoming features and the visual requirements for future issues.
- Co-ordinate people and still life shoots from start to finish. i.e. liaise with all relevant parties, book locations/studios, arrange transport, delivery of props etc
- To provide all photographers with a detailed brief.
- To negotiate the best possible rates with contributors.
- To send commissioning forms via the online Concur system and establish copyright.
- To ensure that picture deadlines are always met.
- To style and art direct shoots as requested.
- To view and edit all agency photographs, present a shortlist to the designers and establish agreement on the final choice.
- To ensure that all credits are correct and on all relevant pages when sent to repro.
- To maintain an organised and accessible filing system for all photographic material by feature/issue.
- To ensure that all the images are correctly marked up on Censhare.
- Liaise with HMI and international Picture teams to ensure lift targets are met.
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with picture agencies, photographers, studios, hair and make-up agencies and own team.
- Experience in photoshoot production.
- Experience in liaising with picture agencies to establish the brief and research their libraries.
- Experience working on a Picture desk.
- Interest and enthusiasm for photography and magazines.
- Excellent organisation, administrative and time management skills.
- Calm while under pressure.
- Fast learner, team player, approachable and self-motivated.
- understanding of Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Runner’s World, and Women’s Health’s brand values, target audiences and aesthetics.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – 2 days a week in the Leicester Square office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.