PA Media, Entertainment Reporter
We are looking for a journalist who loves Entertainment to be a part of our exciting team at PA Media Group.
We are looking for someone who loves the fast pace of breaking news and reporting on celebrity news across all areas of Entertainment, including Arts and Media.
What you’ll be doing …
- You will be working across PA’s Entertainment services including the wire and digital services and working with the Entertainment team to gather and produce news for print and online.
- You will report on Entertainment news, conduct interviews and create original content for all relevant services and you will also attend and cover events.
What you’ll need …
- You will be able to handle the pressure of working in a breaking news environment and need to be able to turn around accurate and concise copy.
- You should be abreast of all the latest Entertainment news, be able to write in different styles and tones of voice, for a range of audiences and platforms.
- Experience as a multi-skilled journalist, working across both print and digital outputs, would be beneficial.
Do you have …?
- Excellent journalism skills and the ability to connect widely with different audiences, while managing a busy workload?
- Experience working in a busy newsroom turning around accurate, concise news copy?
- A presence on and knowledge of social media and an understanding of how it influences the Entertainment industry?
- An NCTJ-approved qualification and reliable shorthand?
You will be required to work shifts, including weekends and evenings.
This is a fast-paced role, working on a lot of varied material and is a great opportunity to join a friendly team.
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry working with some of the biggest names in media.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance.
We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible and successful applicants will be invited to a MS Teams interview.
To find out more about working with us, search #151Reasons on LinkedIn or check out our Life page, https://www.linkedin.com/company/-pa-media/life/29e089f6-5d8e-42d6-b83d-f4d8a53a8677/?viewAsMember=true.