Junior Reporter, Global Investigations Review - DC
Reporter, covering corporate enforcement
Salary: Competitive, DoE
We are looking for a Junior Reporter to join Global Investigations Review (GIR) in our Washington, DC office. GIR is a world-leading news source for cross-border government investigations and internal investigations, covering corruption, fraud, sanctions and other white-collar crime, with subscribers in government, the legal industry and the wider business community on six continents.
GIR’s DC team is responsible for two regular news briefings, covering foreign bribery and sanctions investigations and enforcement, and the professional community working in these areas. We regularly cover relevant US agencies, such as the Department of Justice and the Treasury Department.
This is a unique opportunity to develop as a journalist in the US capital; to build a strong network of sources in the DC legal community; and to produce original news, features and analysis.
GIR is part of Law Business Research, an award-winning global provider of legal content and business intelligence for the legal and intellectual property markets. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands.
What you would be doing:
- Covering enforcement agencies, court cases, conferences, law firms and political developments that shape the white-collar crime policy and enforcement landscape
- Relying on original reporting, you would be producing regular news stories and crafting engaging features relevant to the publication
- You would also be expected to take on a range of tasks in the newsroom, from high-profile cover stories to nuts-and-bolts fact gathering and research.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or Law, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to find sharp angles in stories
- Self-starter, confident in covering this critical and growing area of law and business
- Team-oriented and collaborative outlook in newsrooms
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently would be an advantage
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- Healthcare, dental and vision
- Gym allowance
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and writing samples via the link below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.