Senior. Associate Editor, Yardi Systems - New York
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees, and the communities where we live.
We are looking for highly detailed, enthusiastic team player with impeccable writing and editorial skills to create feature stories, cover industry events, and write content about “beat” areas, including news, Q&As., listicles and trend stories.
What you will do
- Develop, research, report, and write news and feature stories for industry publications
- Manage assigned projects, which may include daily or monthly newsletters, podcasts, social media content, special programs, website sections, etc.
- Develop knowledge of assigned “beat” areas, including metro markets and product sectors
- Write content about “beat” areas, including news, Q&As, listicles, and trend stories, for Publishing products
- Write metro-focused market reports each month for Yardi Matrix, drawing on analysis of data and market research
- Assign stories and deadlines to in-house and freelance writers
- Edit news, feature stories, and other content
- Generate and develops ideas, leads, and sources
- May attend and cover industry events (written content, tweets, video interviews, etc.)
- Develop dynamic content for social media postings
- Produce and edit video content, podcasts, and webinars
- Manage special or regular projects as assigned/needed
- Be part of a great team and collaborate with sales team members across the U.S.
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of professional experience reporting, writing, or editing trade or consumer websites, newspapers, or magazines
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills and organizational skills
- High internal motivation and the desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail in writing, editing, and project management
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Great people skills and the ability to be personable and professional
- Flexibility, and the ability to manage changing priorities
What would be helpful to have
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign or similar programs a plus
- Experience with video editing programs a plus
- Knowledge of business, finance, or real estate
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 7,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!