Sea Angler, Editor
We are looking for an Editor for Sea Angler, the UK's leading sea fishing brand.
- Are you an accomplished magazine journalist or editor, with a passion for sea angling?
- Are you focused on creating high-quality, engaging content?
- Are you excited about growing both print and digital audience?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a team to build a brand?
If so, you could be the person we are looking for!
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the production of Sea Angler magazine and related spin off titles.
- Commissioning content (all words, pictures, illustrations) and working with the designer to deliver a brilliant editorial package, every issue.
- Long term planning, with a 12-month editorial calendar overview and detailed plans for the next three issues.
- Supporting commercial teams (advertising, subscriptions, distribution) to maximise the success of the brand.
- Working closely with Online Editor to optimise performance across digital channels, including brand site, newsletters, and social media.
- Working with Online Editor to develop new channels, including video content.
- Ensuring highest standards of editorial content.
- Dealing with reader correspondence.
- Attending commercial meetings, industry shows and events where there is a commercial need and benefit for Sea Angler.
- External spokesperson for Sea Angler brand.
- An expert on sea angling trends, including factors affecting participation, latest tech and innovations, environmental factors.
- A talented journalist or editor, with excellent organisation and planning skills. Deadline focused.
- Obsessive about what the reader wants, and keen to constantly evolve your understanding of their needs, across all platforms.
- Results focused, driven by success in both print and digital.
- A team player, who develops strong relationships and enjoys sharing knowledge and values the contribution of others.
- An individual with high standards of integrity.
- Strong InDesign, Excel, Word and Outlook experience
About Kelsey and Sea Angler:
Kelsey Media is one of the fastest-growing, independently owned media businesses in the UK. Founded in 1989, the company has rapidly grown from a traditional print publisher into a pioneering media network that reaches millions of people every day in relevant ways. At last count, Kelsey Media’s portfolio consisted of more than 80 multi-media brands.
Sea Angler is the UK’s leading sea angling media brand, established in 1971. Acquired by Kelsey in 2020, the brand is in both print and digital growth, and going into its 50th year, has ambitious plans to develop and grow further.
Based working from home, this is an exciting opportunity which would suit a highly driven individual with a track record of creating trusted content and growing audience reach and engagement.
If this sounds like you then click APPLY BY THE 29TH OCTOBER by sending us your CV.