Cosmopolitan, Senior Features Writer
3 days left
- Full Time
Senior Features Writer - Cosmo
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Senior Features Writer to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will produce content for Cosmopolitan UK’s award-winning News and Politics and Health verticals, working on everything from topical news and shareable features to SEO-driven content and e-commerce galleries. In this digital-first role, you will also contribute engaging video concepts and work on social media campaigns.
The Senior Features Writer works across a wide range of subjects and is responsible for pitching and writing stories efficiently and accurately each morning. As well as creating content for the website, you will also write copy for the magazine and will be familiar with the Cosmopolitan tone of voice and know how to juggle both print and breaking news.
As well as working independently, you will work closely with the Features Director and Features Editor to come up with ways to bring features and news to life across social and video. The Senior Features Writer will also have a solid knowledge of analytics tools and how to use data to inform content strategy.
- The ideal candidate will have worked on a features desk or digital team on a similar title and will be bursting with original ideas and a fascination with what the Cosmopolitan audience is looking for.
- An ability to multitask and prioritise is essential as this is a multi-platform role which requires juggling monthly print deadlines alongside breaking news.
- An understanding of media law is preferable.
- The News and Politics section of the site covers everything from the latest Royal family news to the important and ever-changing interests of the Cosmopolitan reader, while the Body section encompasses all aspects of the topic, from mental health to the latest fitness trends. An extensive knowledge and fascination within these two topic points is essential.
- A proven track record of creating/pitching shareable stories or breaking trends and talking points is ideal – we are looking for someone who knows where to find the niche stories our reader won’t be able to read elsewhere.
- A knowledge of how to use analytics to understand your audience alongside an ability to identify upcoming trends before they have reached the mainstream is essential.
- A thorough knowledge of and passion for the Cosmopolitan brand and an understanding of its audience and tone of voice is essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.