Windpower Monthly, Deputy Editor
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Deputy Editor
Full Time, Permanent
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the Windpower Monthly team as deputy editor.
This will be a hands-on role with a broad remit, covering everything from writing, commissioning and editing through to helping the editor to set the strategic direction of the publication and representing Windpower Monthly at both our own and external events.
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
The escalating pace of climate change has made the introduction of renewable energy a worldwide imperative. As the only global media brand dedicated to the wind power industry, Windpower Monthly is at the forefront of a profound energy transition, delivering news, analysis and insight to the people and businesses that are reshaping our world. Set up in 1985, the brand spans online, print, specialist intelligence, events and social media.
- Write news for the Windpower Monthly website and daily bulletins
- Commission and edit copy from our global bank of freelance news contributors
- Monitor analytics data to ensure editorial content is reaching and engaging its audience
- Generate ideas for digital reports and quarterly print issues. Commission, edit, proofread and, where appropriate, write features for these publications
- Attend industry events. This will involve some overseas travel, including to Europe and the US
- Develop an understanding of the Windpower Intelligence wind farm database, with a view to utilising and promoting the resource and, on occasion, contributing to it
- Assist the editor in setting the strategic direction of Windpower Monthly and the effective operation of the editorial team
- Be a ‘hands-on’ representative of the editor, making decisions in her absence
- Develop strong relationships with key editorial, account management and advertising personnel
- Assist the editor in hosting panel discussions, webinars, roundtables, podcasts and other live events
Personal skills and experience
- Previous experience working for an established media brand
- Excellent writing, commissioning, editing and proofreading skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Adaptability and a willingness to take on different tasks
- An enquiring mind and an ability to immerse yourself in a technical subject
- Financial awareness
- An ability to develop a rapport with the Windpower Monthly team and external contacts
- Willingness to collaborate with commercial, marketing and communications colleagues
- Ability to take responsibility in the absence of the editor
- Understanding of the renewables or wider energy market and experience in hosting webinars, podcasts and other live events would be an advantage. Training and support can be provided where this is not the case
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.