Tamarind Intelligence, a fast-growing publisher of specialist business information, requires a creative, tech-literate infographics and data editor with a background in journalism or content publishing.
This position has two distinct elements:
• Taking the creative and practical lead on the improvement of all our graphics, for example by coming up with data visualisation concepts and then executing them, and acting as the custodian of templates.
• Regular, hands-on involvement with our data publishing programme – such as checking and uploading databases and spreadsheets.
You will report to a senior editor and work in close co-operation with our existing analyst and editorial teams. Our main office is in Barcelona but we have home-working team members all over Europe. (We work and publish in English.)
We offer a competitive salary and conditions, and the chance to join a young, professional, international team at an independent company which is a market leader in its sectors.
This is not a job for a beginner, and we are looking for someone who:
• Has at least two years’ experience in publishing data and creating graphics, perhaps in a journalistic, financial or scientific context.
• Is comfortable using spreadsheets and databases every day.
• Has a track record of creating original work with professional-level graphics tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and/or platforms such as Tableau, Infogram and Canva. Knowledge of PowerPoint would also be a distinct advantage.
• Can demonstrate scrupulous attention to detail, both with complex numerical data and with the English language.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter.