Senior Reporter, Real Estate Capital - US
Please note, we are open to applicants based in NYC, NY and West Coast US
PEI is the only global B2B information group focused exclusively on private equity, private real estate, private debt, infrastructure, and investing. As these classes continue to grow in scale and significance – for investors, fund managers, financial practitioners, and other service industries globally – PEI is positioned to provide unparalleled business knowledge and intelligence to these communities.
Formed in London in November 2001, PEI publishes globally recognized magazines and news websites, manages an extensive set of databases dedicated to alternative assets, runs more than 50 market-leading conferences globally, and publishes a large library of specialist books.
Purpose of Role
Real Estate Capital US, a new publication from PEI Media that covers the US commercial real estate debt markets, has an opening for an enterprising senior reporter in its New York office.
You will be joining a market-leading team at a pivotal time for the US debt markets, with an opportunity to cover the distress – and opportunity – as the commercial real estate market emerges from the Covid-19 pandemic. A successful candidate will be expected to help launch and expand coverage of the banks, debt funds, mortgage REITs, insurance companies, finance companies and other institutional-quality lenders in the US.
Our journalists connect deeply with the markets they cover, delivering expert news, analysis and information not available elsewhere. It’s not enough for our journalists to simply report what happens; they must be able analyse to how and why news matters for our discerning, high-level audience that comprises the world’s most influential institutional investors, leading fund managers and advisors across alternative asset classes including private equity, real estate, infrastructure and private debt.
We are looking for ambitious individuals seeking to advance their career in one of the most dynamic segments of global finance by joining a growing, global media company. The reporter will be one of six journalists focusing exclusively on the Infrastructure Investor product, sitting within PEI Media’s wider team of 50 private markets-focused journalists and researchers.
Produce a mix of daily news, multimedia and analysis items for the website and regular assignments for the magazine.
Pitch content ideas.
Cultivate a network of trusted sources among senior industry practitioners.
Travel and attend industry and PEI-organised events.
Host and moderate live discussions at PEI events.
Act as an ambassador for the brand in the US.
Assist the editor with training junior staff.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least four years of business journalism or related/relevant experience.
- Proven ability to develop a network of senior professionals.
- Breaking off-diary stories.
- Writing market analysis.
- A track record of producing impactful content.
- Multimedia skills, including infographics, podcasts and video.
- The ability to moderate panels or webcasts.
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- A team player, recognising the need to collaborate to deliver on the product’s mission
- Comfortable operating in a grown-up working environment where regular feedback is provided
- Ability to learn on the job and progress quickly
- Resilient under pressure – able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines
- Diplomacy: able to display multi-faceted communication skills in a persuasive, but diplomatic way to ensure that outstanding results are achieved, and the right deadlines and initiatives get prioritized
- High degree of personal pride in own and company work, constantly striving to improve motivation
- Highly goal-focused and motivated by achieving high personal standards in all aspects of work – ambitious to meet own personal and organisational goals
- Desire to be part of a dynamic business with high growth expectations
- Keen to stretch self and develop career at PEI
Competitive. PEI works with Insperity to offer the following high-quality benefits, which are in effect from your first day of employment.
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Commuter benefits, Life and personal accident Insurance, Long-term disability Insurance
- PEI offers a 401K retirement plan with a safe harbor match
- 24 days paid vacation with the option to buy/sell up to 3 days
PEI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire.
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.