SquareMeal, Junior to Mid-Level Digital Writer
SquareMeal is looking for a creative and talented digital writer to join a growing digital team. SquareMeal is the UK’s leading independent restaurant critic and over the past 18 months has moved away from print-based publications to become a fully digital brand, with strong SEO content being a driving force behind rocketing website traffic.
Reporting to the managing editor, the digital writer’s key role is to contribute strong and engaging copy for the SquareMeal audience. Duties will include regular restaurant reviews, contributing ideas to daily news and monthly feature meetings, writing perfectly polished copy that is both SEO-friendly and engaging to the reader, working across SquareMeal’s social media platforms and engaging with the sales team on creative commercial projects.
- Attending regular restaurant reviews
- Updating existing content
- Creating new articles based around restaurants and venues in the UK
- Writing daily news stories
- Contributing to SquareMeal’s social platforms
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role
- A degree in journalism, media, English or similar
- An enthusiastic and creative individual
- A keen interest in the hospitality industry
- A basic understanding of SEO
Please click APPLY NOW and send a cover letter, CV and salary expectations.