Professional Adviser, Senior Reporter
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
We are passionate about our people, products and customers and our values are at the heart of our business; they define us, and they are how we conduct ourselves both as a company and as individuals.
Our values are summed up as; integrity, teamwork, innovation, trust, good judgement, passion for our work, curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If these are aligned with your values, then keep reading.
Professional Adviser is an online publication that serves financial advisers and other advice professionals across the UK, keeping them up-to-date with the latest articles on investments, pensions, platforms, technology, regulation and more. As well as writing in-depth features and analyses - and breaking news content – the editorial team produces multimedia journalism too. https://www.professionaladviser.com
Professional Adviser’s editorial team is looking for a journalist with experience of journalism (preferably financial) that can join them in uncovering exclusive news stories, as well as producing detailed features and analyses. This is an exciting role with excellent opportunities for quick progression.
Job Title: Senior reporter, Professional Adviser
Salary: £28,500 per annum
Location: London, United Kingdom
Type of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
What you will be doing
We are looking for a driven reporter with experience either at a local news outlet or a similar business-to-business title. Candidates should be keen to develop their career at a business-to-business publisher covering financial, business technology and professional services markets globally.
As a senior reporter, you will be:
- Building on your already sound knowledge of a wide range of industry issues and representing the brand at events
- Producing engaging and original content across platforms including print, online, video, audio and social media
- Generating exclusive news on the people, companies and topics within it, as well as delivering original instant and long-form pieces of analysis and research on the wider implications of those stories
- Further developing contacts in the industry to generate original and valuable pieces for our readers
- Writing accurate and well-structured articles with few edits
This is a great opportunity for an experienced reporter, who’s seeking the next career step!
What we value
- At least two years’ experience of writing news, features, analysis, interviews
- Proven track record of seeking off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news and data-led articles
- Ability to spot the most important angle for our readers in press releases, reports and more interactive sources of news, such as interviews or conferences
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team, communicating across a busy news desk
- Recognition of the importance of meeting short and long-term deadlines
- Experience working across multiple platforms including print, online, social media and video
- Generation of fresh and original ideas as well as follow-ups/reactionary pieces
- Must be able to manage a busy workload
- A good degree or equivalent
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Remote working
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Voluntary Private Medical Insurance
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, season ticket loans, buy holiday, and many more!