Daily Mirror/Daily Star, Social Media Editor
Got a nose for a story and always know what's trending on Twitter? This job could be for you. If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team at Reach Nationals, working across four of our iconic national titles - Daily Mirror and Daily Star
We are looking for a brilliant Social Media Editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for identifying news stories and exclusives which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our audience.
Working closely with the Group Head of Social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK's busiest news groups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- It will be your role to find, pitch and edit stories that you know will perform well across our national titles' social pages, using analytics and tools to tell you what's already trending as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- You will be encouraged to come up with new creative ways to drive traffic to our sites and grow our audiences
- You will be expected to oversee the successful implementation of our social media strategies and manage our social accounts
- Cover live events and breaking news across social platforms
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- You will be our of our social experts, and will share knowledge and best practice across the business and newsrooms
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- A digitally savvy writer who is used to working within a fast-paced digital newsroom environment and has a strong understanding of the power of social media. Most of our social editors were previously reporters.
- You will be an excellent communicator who is able to sell stories with flair, passion and skill.
- Working in a fast environment whilst maintaining acute attention to detail will be something you are both comfortable in but also thrive at.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms will be something to you are very familiar with, and work with daily.
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends.
- Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.