Benzinga, Weekend Editor/ Copy Editor
1 day left
- Not Specified
This is an opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the growth of a top-50 financial publisher. We are hiring a weekend editor to join our team to help drive traffic to Benzinga.com.
At Benzinga, content is king.
Benzinga combines and makes accessible both the news and the conversation. This hybrid approach allows us to deliver relevant trends and scoop stories that no one else can. We live and breathe Benzinga, and our job is to spread the news like a grass fire and bring you the most engaging content possible.
As a weekend editor, you will have a direct hand in creating content seen by millions of readers that impacts the industry as a whole.
You will work with writers to develop and curate compelling and engaging content for our audience. Your primary duties will include content strategy, proofreading and editing and analyzing readership data and developing our content strategy on the weekends.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. This position could be ideal for a freelance journalist who’s looking for a steady part-time role. The full time position would be 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. during weekends and weekdays.
What you’ll be doing:
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the business and finance world to identify topics and news items important to readers
- Proofread and edit spelling and grammar.
- Ensure that content follows Associated Press and Benzinga style guidelines.
- Check facts.
- Room to grow and build an editorial team
- Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas with our audience in mind
- Assign article ideas to reporters and writers.
- Analyze data and analytics and seek to increase reader engagement and retention
Requirements for the role:
- Three-plus years of documented news reporting or editing experience, with working knowledge of Associated Press style and principles of media law.
- Business news background strongly desired.
- Passion for trading stocks and financial markets.