Senior Reporter, Citywire RIA - NY
Senior Reporter - RIA
Citywire publishes its own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors – from financial advisers, wealth managers to fund selectors - make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. Citywire’s two US-based channels publish magazines and websites for the wealth management community, producing events for two distinct audiences of investment professionals, Professional Buyers and RIAs. You can find more information about us in our aboutcitywire (.com) site.
This role is about reporting and writing stories that matter for the investment advisory community. Reporting to the editor of Citywire RIA, the stories will be published online and in our monthly print magazine. This role involves breaking news about the RIA industry, writing in-depth analysis pieces and profiles, and building industry contacts in order to stay ahead of the news.
The topics you will be covering include wealth management trends, M&A transactions, technology changes, hirings and firings, investment strategies, and regulatory news. Success is defined by writing unique, timely and relevant stories, and will require finding and cultivating sources in order to break news and uncover important angles.
- Writing exclusive news stories pertaining to, and relevant to, investment advisors.
- Building contacts and establishing good sources among the independent financial advice community to get exclusive news.
- Pitching and writing longer-form features and profiles for the monthly Citywire RIA magazine.
- Researching and (when possible) traveling to get the inside track on the world of wealth.
Job specific skills / technical skills / profile
- Experience or industry-specific training as a reporter.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write cleanly in a timely manner.
- Strong source development skills.
- A strong understanding of the wealth industry or financial markets.
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural - conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
If you feel like the right fit, please click APPLY.
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive salary package and Benefits:
- Competitive paid vacation, plus federal and state holidays.
- Top-tier health insurance coverage.
- Dental, vision, HRA, HSA, and FSA plans available.
- Company 401k/Roth retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Life insurance and short & long-term disability insurance.
- Annual company contribution towards a well-being activity of your choice.