Reporter (Sports and Racing), South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
Purpose of the Position:
- Deliver the best coverage for dedicated desk for a global audience through our print and online editions.
- Generating live content for award-winning HK Racing website and other SCMP platforms
- Story telling and editing, serving both digital and print operations
- Keen ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and clearly, highlighting the stakes for a global audience
- Ensuring all stories have accurate and eye-catching visual elements, content is distributed and consumed on different devices and platforms (mobile, social media, news aggregators)
- Producing multimedia packages and driving social media engagement
- Minimum 4 years of experience in horse racing in a real-time online news operation, wire service or a newspaper.
- Awareness of media law and legal dangers, and of social media as a news dissemination tool. Audience-focused with excellent understanding of international markets
- Strong familiarity with horse racing in Hong Kong/China/Asia and other regions
- Can-do attitude with excellent English skills and zero tolerance for grammatical errors, spelling and improper story structure
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Chinese-language skills an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please click APPLY and send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary, or mail to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.