Alamy, Deputy News Picture Desk Manager
Are you a proven people leader with experience working on or leading an international news, sport, and entertainment picture desk?
We’re Alamy, the world's most diverse stock photo library with over 250 million stock photos, and 360-degree photographs from individual photographers, picture agencies and archives across the globe. Your work will directly and visibly shape our overall growth strategy and is one of the core pillars in Alamy’s ambitious “Route 100” goal.
Join us on a 6-month fixed term contract as a Deputy News Picture Desk Manager and you will become a key member of the News Team where you will play a critical role in managing the Alamy Live News feed to ensure our international customers receive a consistent feed of credible, newsworthy images from across the globe.
What you'll be doing ...
- Managing all aspects of the Alamy Live News, EMPICS Sport and EMPICS Entertainment operation alongside the News Picture Desk Manager
- Consistently delivering the highest levels of service for the Alamy Live news feed, in alignment with customer expectations
- Creating a global picture desk operation that rivals other news agencies and offers good quality content in a timely manner
- Identifying new and innovative ways to recruit and retain contributor photographers to Alamy Live News in response to growing customer demands or trends
- Supporting members of the Alamy news team in their performance and delivery of outcomes from their personal OKRs
What you will need ...
Do you have...?
- Experience using MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and/or other image metadata software?
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and an understanding of customer requirements?
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to adapt leadership style to different personalities within the team?
- The ability to successfully deliver desired business outcomes with confidence to external and internal stakeholders?
- A continuous improvement approach to continually challenge and drive improvements and standards forward?
Are you ...?
- Calm and organised under pressure in a deadline-driven environment and able to adapt to constant changing demands of the business?
- Self-motivated and keen to keep up to date on industry developments and trends?
The successful candidate must be willing to work anti-social hours, with regular evening and weekend shifts on a rota across the news team.
What we can offer …
In return for your commitment, you’ll join a business who are committed to inspiring a positive culture and a work environment of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity and Respect.
This role can be based remotely but if you prefer to work in an office environment, we have offices across the UK including Abingdon, Nottingham and Paddington.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance and positively encourage agile working.
We are always open to discuss an individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early. We will aim to update you on the status of your application as soon as possible.
To find out more about working with us, search #151Reasons on LinkedIn or check out our Life page,