South China Morning Post, Production Editor - Hong Kong
Purpose of the Position:
We are seeking talented, experienced and passionate Production Editor.
- Daily editing / curating of stories published online to be repurposed for the printed newspaper
- Checking facts, rewriting and improving copy and headlines with meticulous attention to detail
- Minimum 3 years' experience in news operation, a wire service or a newspaper
- Can-do attitude with top-notch English subbing skills and zero tolerance for errors in grammar, spelling and content
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Able to tell a story visually and well as in words
- Ability to work in a team and turn around copy fast. Patience and people skills to work closely and constructively with reporters for whom English is a second language
- Page layout experience and/or knowledge of web page design
- Familiarity with the China and Hong Kong news, as well as knowledge of global affairs
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the People Department, 19/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or click 'APPLY'.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full here. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.