Celebrity & Entertainment Writer - Magazines
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join one of the largest magazine and supplement hubs in the UK, reaching almost 3.5 million readers in print every week and over 2 million online.
We are looking for a Celebrity and Entertainment Writer who will play an essential role creating must-read, exclusive, multi-platform content for celebrity brands OK!, New and OK.co.uk together with seven newspaper supplements - celebrity and lifestyle titles Notebook, S Mag, Love Sunday and TV Life and TV supplements Saturday, We Love TV and Hot TV.
As the Celebrity and Entertainment Writer, you will generate Celebrity and Entertainment content for all Reach magazine and supplement titles as part of the newly created Celebrity & Entertainment Department in the newly restructured Celebrity Magazine and Supplement Hub.
So, who are we?
Our magazine and supplement hub is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Generate and write strong celebrity and entertainment content
- Keep abreast of all the latest celebrity and entertainment news and be able to write in different styles and tones, for different audiences and platforms
- Grow the audience of ok.co.uk by turning around snappy articles on a daily basis
What are we looking for?
- You will be a passionate and creative journalist with previous experience writing celebrity and entertainment content
- We would love for you to be well connected within the industry
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.