The Telegraph, Deputy Head of Newsletters
The Newsletters and Email department helps to build and strengthen The Telegraph’s relationship with its readers and subscribers by crafting and curating bespoke editorial products around a number of key content verticals. It is also responsible for the content of all key email communications to subscribers and registrants.
The Deputy Head of Newsletters will oversee the day-to-day running of the editorial team and be directly responsible for maintaining publishing standards and optimising performance of our newsletter roster. They will also contribute to overall strategy and deputise for the Head of Newsletters when necessary.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Crafting and curating bespoke email newsletters around The Telegraph’s key content verticals
- Leveraging and managing key editorial and design talent to ensure The Telegraph’s newsletters maintain our highest standards
- Collaborating with key editorial stakeholders to develop new newsletter strands and series
- Collaborating with marketing, technology and CRM teams to optimise newsletter distribution
- Deputising for the Head of Newsletters when appropriate and necessary
- Managing the Editorial Newsletters team
- Using data to inform decisions around editorial content and distribution models
- Responding to reader queries
- Excellent and demonstrable subbing, editing and production skills and proven ability to produce the highest quality work on a consistent basis
- Demonstrable experience of creating and curating high-quality editorial content for engaged audiences
- Expertise in News and Politics and at least two more of the following editorial areas: Sport, Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Lifestyle, Travel
- Excellent understanding of The Telegraph’s brands and journalistic values, both in digital and in print
- Excellent understanding of the existing digital publishing landscape and emerging media trends
- Demonstrable ability to use analytics tools and data reports to inform editorial decisions
- Proven track record of using personal judgement to increase engagement metrics
- Proven ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and departments and experience working collaboratively with multi-discipline teams
- Experience managing editorial teams
- Proven ability to think outside of the box and go the extra mile in order to produce the very best results
- Direct experience producing editorial newsletters would be useful but not mandatory
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.