Newsweek, Pop Culture & Entertainment Reporter
5 days left
- Full Time
Newsweek is seeking a pop culture & entertainment reporter to join our London team.
The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of all aspects of U.S. popular culture, including movies, TV, music, and internet trends.
They will have in-depth knowledge of the most engaging individuals online, from Hollywood celebrities to influential YouTubers—and know how to use various social media platforms to find and identify appropriate stories for our U.S. audience.
They will be able to source, pitch, and write several stories each day, with a strong understanding of digital journalism and the needs of a fast-paced newsroom.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or remotely from home anywhere in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Scour multiple social media for stories and emerging trends
- Pitch and write several news stories each day
- Research and write original stories and features
- Check facts and sources and ensure content is of the highest possible standard
- Work with editors to ensure your work meets house style
- Experience in a reporting role for a reputable organization
- Experience covering American popular culture
- Familiarity covering U.S. news and trends
- Familiarity of the biggest influencers on various social media platforms
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours