Private Funds CFO, Reporter - NY
PEI is the only global B2B information group focused exclusively on private equity, private real estate, private debt, infrastructure, and investing. As these classes continue to grow in scale and significance – for investors, fund managers, financial practitioners, and other service industries globally – PEI is positioned to provide unparalleled business knowledge and intelligence to these communities.
Formed in London in November 2001, PEI publishes globally recognized magazines and news websites, manages an extensive set of databases dedicated to alternative assets, runs more than 50 market-leading conferences globally, and publishes a large library of specialist books.
Purpose of Role
PFCFO covers the private funds finance and accounting community, with a focus on private equity firms. Specifically, the reporter will write exclusive, insightful, and actionable stories about the often complex issues facing CFOs and their teams, from regulation, compliance and tax to investor reporting, human capital, ESG matters, technology and outsourcing.
Reporters will aim to produce content that leads with analysis and informed perspective. This will involve collaborating with the editor on ideas, sourcing, and story structures with an eye to delivering valuable information that consistently speaks to our core audience of CFOs and their finance and accounting teams.
Other responsibilities will include writing articles that profile firms and people, identify and analyze trends in fund financing, fundraising and other activities, and other key community developments including key personnel moves. At all times, however, the goal is to seek out the impact of those developments rather than merely recounting the news.
- Contribute regularly to privatefundscfo.com and bi-monthly print magazine
- Develop cover stories and original news and features while also collaborating with the broader Private Equity Group, including Buyouts, Private Equity International, Secondaries Investor, and others.
- Conduct interviews and develop relationships with sources and readers (CFOs, fund financers, HR executives, lawyers and others)
- Assist where necessary with any aspects of the editorial production process, including sourcing third-party data, research, guest commentary and white papers·
- Contribute to the group’s social media presence
- Produce proprietary content on private fund operations in a variety of formats, including written, video and audio
- This role will involve gaining access to and publishing sensitive and privileged information. The reporter will be expected to understand and adhere to journalistic ethics and consult with editors on any potential conflicts.
- Be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
- Communicate regularly with the editor and meet deadlines.
- Regularly attend industry events either virtually or in-person (when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). The reporter may also be asked to moderate panels at the company’s conferences (either in person or virtually).
- Aid in production of daily emails and updating of online resources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business or financial reporting. Experience covering private equity or related financial fields a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills to extract and develop compelling stories.
- Superb communication and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency, such as using the Microsoft Office Suite, online search tools, databases, WordPress, and familiarity with social media platforms, such as LinkedIn.
Location - New York
Hours - Monday to Friday
Salary - Depending on Experience
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.