Editorial Assistant (Mirror) 8 month FTC
Reach plc are extremely excited to announce we are now hiring an Editorial Assistant to support a new senior editorial position within The Mirror.
The Mirror has been selected as one of eight winning media outlets across Europe to receive a prestigious grant from The European Development Journalism Grants, supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. As part of this project, we are hiring an Editorial Assistant to support our Specialist Journalist within this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a major editorial project here at the Mirror, and will see the successful candidate working closely with our editorial team and will involve working with diverse organisations in six different countries.
On that note, who are we?
We are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we've probably met without you even realising it. We're home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more).
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
You will support a major international journalism project working closely with a senior journalist as part of this 8-month project. This will require working with schools, NGOs and other media outlets in six different countries as well as:
- Providing logistical support to journalists.
- Supporting participants in the project.
- Working with Mirror editorial staff on research and planning.
- Writing, fact checking and collating information.
- Liaising with photographers, journalists, NGOs and translators.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be someone who has first-class organisational skills.
- Ability to juggle a diverse and varied workload
- Ability to work flexible hours to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language would be desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of development issues and familiarity with working with overseas organisations.
- Ability to work across platforms using different media.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Proven writing skills and high level of literacy.
- Understanding of the modern media landscape, including social media.
We are offering a highly competitive salary and full company benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.