Lower Street, Podcast Producer
Make industry-leading branded podcasts with a passionate, global team.
Are you into listening to hours of podcasts every day? Want to get weirdly specific about the intersection of smart cities and atmospheric science, the history of the myth “The Gendered Brain”, or how hyperconverged infrastructure is shaping the future of enterprise IT? Is making a tiny group of people’s absolute favorite podcast right up your street?
If so, we have the job for you.
Lower Street is a podcasting company that works with brands to make amazing shows. Shows that matter, that make an impact.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it's really fun.
About the position
As a producer, you'll own the projects you're assigned. That means helping to develop the show concept and format, coordinating with the clients to deliver audio and communicating feedback with them and the team, and managing the project internally - ensuring deadlines are hit and that the podcast sounds and looks amazing.
But don't worry, you're not alone. This position reports directly into the senior producer and works closely with our sound design lead, assistant producer, content manager, and CEO. We foster a collaborative culture and work together to make sure everything we put out is the absolute best it can be.
Not sure which direction to go in with an edit? Can't decide which VO take sounds the best? Want someone to check over your script? The team is here to bounce ideas off and help each other out.
- Researching often technical subjects and decoding them into engaging stories
- Pitching season and episode plans to clients, taking feedback and refining
- Coordinating recordings, audio files, session files, scripts and documents
- Creating interview prep sheets for hosts
- Editing tape, bringing episodes together
- Writing scripts, show notes, blog posts, social content
- Working with the sound designer on the creative direction of an episode
- Coordinating with the client and managing other contributors from the Lower Street team to ensure projects are delivered
- 2 years'+ experience producing audio
- The ability to listen to raw tape and pick out the most engaging, important, informative pieces to form a story that educates, inspires, and entertains the audience
- A talent for researching and understanding often complex topics and extracting their essential elements to tell a compelling story
- Script writing experience
- The ability to work to deadlines so that shows never miss schedule
- A critical eye and a close attention to detail
- Nice to haves: experience with Descript and Pro Tools
About Lower Street Podcasting for brands is all we do, and we love it.
We're a small, fully remote, boutique agency serving global clients. With a UK HQ, our team is spread over the world.
We're focussed on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually learning and improving on what we do - both individually and as a team.
Learn more about us at https://lowerstreet.co/about-us
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter