ICE, Assistant Digital Content Editor
ICE is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
The Institution of Civil Engineers is recruiting an Assistant Digital Content Editor to join its Media and Communications team. If you’re a natural when it comes to nurturing a piece of content from idea to writing, all the way through to promotion on the usual digital and social channels, then we want to hear from you.
The purpose of the Assistant Digital Content Editor role is to ensure content adheres to editorial and brand guidelines and that it supports ICE’s digital strategy and customer experience framework. The digital content must be informative and of the highest quality and inspirational to all audiences.
The post will also manage the content flow for the website coming from multiple internal clients to ensure that the ICE website supports the organisation’s business objectives and over-arching web content strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, write and deliver engaging digital feature stories across a wide variety of subjects.
- Manage style and user guides to assist users in writing effectively for the web.
- Maintain good quality customer experience throughout the site using audience data.
- Ensuring content messaging is consistent and optimised for SEO.
- Manage and keep updated evergreen SEO content.
- Adjust content for a variety of formats and digital channels including social media.
- Interpret complex information and reproduce in a way that is accessible to a wider audience.
- Identify and leverage developers carrying out best practice across the business.
- Ensure that ICE’s digital content supports and reflects the business strategy for each business area.
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a keen learner, who is able to explain highly technical subjects in an easy-to-read way.
- Work effectively with stakeholders at all levels as well as being a strong team player.
- Have experience of working with a CMS.
- Possess strong digital writing skills.
- Understand user experience and customer journeys.
- Be familiar with web content layouts and content presentation.
- Have proven digital content creation and editing experience, including image editing.
- Be a creative thinker and be able to develop own ideas and implement with others.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to deal with competing demands and deadlines.
ICE Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Shutdown over Christmas period
- Annual £100 allowance towards your wellbeing
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big Gym membership savings with the GymFlex scheme
- Your Rewards discount scheme
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and cover letter.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
The data collected via this application process will only be used by the ICE Group for the purpose of recruitment and for the performance of an employment contract if a job offer is made. This data will not be disclosed to any external sources without express consent unless required to do so by law. Unsuccessful applicants’ data, both electronic and paper will be deleted/shredded six months from date of application. The ICE Group’s Data Protection Officer is Keith Logan, Group Head of Management Information Systems who can be contacted at Keith.Logan@ice.org.uk. Applicants have the right to complain to the ICO at http://ico.org.uk/ if they have a concern with the way ICE are handling their data.