4 days left
- Full Time
LPA is seeking an experienced editor and writer to join our integrated communications team. In this role, you will work on a wide variety of publications, including our quarterly magazine, Catalyst, as well as assist the team in media outreach and community engagement initiatives. The preferred candidate will have a passion for architecture and design and demonstrate the ability to work with our integrated design team to help promote our award-winning projects and our focus on sustainable design.
Communications Specialist Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, Journalism, or Marketing preferred
- 2-5 years of experience required; 2+ years of experience preferred
- Experience in architecture, engineering or construction fields preferred
Communications Specialist Requirements:
- Broad knowledge and experience in writing, editing, media and public relations
- Proficiency in AP and Chicago Manual of Style editing guidelines
- Self starter with ability to generate ideas and launch projects
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Write regular news articles, features and press releases for use across platforms
- Copy edit and proofread articles and communication team materials
- Create and manage media outreach campaigns
- Special events coordination and management
- Write and edit regular newsletter, marketing materials, award submissions and other collateral
- Update and manage website articles
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA’s request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.