Legal Reporter - Level 1 Journalist, Reuters - USA / Remote
Reuters is seeking several Legal Reporters to hit the ground running and cover news in areas including intellectual property, M&A, antitrust and banking and finance.
About the Role
As our Legal Reporter, you will:
- Write about high-profile court filings, rulings and hearings on a daily basis and will also be expected to identify broader trends and bellwether cases as they develop.
- Have a deep understanding of the field, established sources and an ability to write quickly and with valuable insight for legal professionals.
- The Legal Reporter will use online legal research tools and must have the ability to track developments in specific cases; understand the significance of the developments; and report them quickly and accurately.
- The position entails collaborating with our data and video teams to develop initiative and multimedia stories.
To be our Legal Reporter, you will likely have:
- An ambition for breaking news, a commitment to accuracy and a keen attention to detail.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a journalist is required.
This job provides flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. – the work will not be performed in one of our offices.
Click 'APPLY'. A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer’s Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years.
Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters.
We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.