Publicist, Barron's - NY
We are looking for an extremely media savvy public relations professional to amplify the work of The Barron's Group's journalism and journalists through high level press placements, while also developing thoughtful and creative ways to introduce The Barron's Group (which includes Barron's, MarketWatch, MansionGlobal and Financial News) reporting, products and initiatives to new audiences.
The Barron's Group Publicist will play a key role within the Dow Jones Communications team, leading strategy and execution for the promotion of Barron's Group news and information, internally and externally.
Above all, you will be part of a dynamic, global communications team supporting initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, flexible, collaborative, detail-oriented team player who is hungry for knowledge and has a passion for all things media.
- A strong network of contacts and relationships across both established and emerging print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Lead promotion of news content across business and finance, US and world news, political news and lifestyle outlets.
- Ideate and pitch unique content opportunities for The Barron's Group
- Partner with Barron's Group on all promotional efforts
- Work directly with editorial and communications colleagues in Europe and Asia to coordinate complementary activities and promotion in those regions.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in public relations or media production.
- Excellent news judgment and commitment to journalistic standards and ethics; awareness and understanding of what's important and what's trending
- Proven track record in creative thinking and the development of strategy, messaging and impactful media placements
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key editors and producers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to make decisions quickly and thoughtfully
- Comfort with a fast paced, news-driven, deadline-sensitive environment
- Crisis communications and issues management as required
- Experience in partnering across large, highly collaborative internal teams
- Fluency across social media channels
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.