Academic Coordinator - Student Memberships, Dow Jones - NJ / US
U.S.: can be remote or based in Princeton, NJ
The role of the Academic Coordinator is to work closely with the Student Memberships team to ensure that professors and instructors in the academic market experience a first class relationship with Dow Jones.
The Academic Coordinator will leverage professors as influencers to drive new WSJ student activations and individual orders.
In addition, the Academic Coordinator will be the subject matter expert and a support system within the Student Relationship team that serves to optimize instructional support and Professor engagement.
They will increase the efficiency in how we drive key influencers in the Student Membership market, and personalize the experience for supporting Professors.
Responsibilities for the Academic Coordinator include:
- Work directly with Professors and academic instructors to provide timely and personalized service for Professors.
- Promote and educate on teaching tools and product functionality, which consist of both on and offline resources.
- Mine and secure new Professor relationships.
- Reinforce referral program tool/account setup and use.
- Monitor student order volume among existing Professors and academic adopters.
- Interact with the academic community via telephone, virtual presentation, and email.
- Compile regular or ad-hoc reports on engagement and order volume.
- Work with customer service or other internal departments to resolve any client issues.
- Update information and keep accurate records in CRM system (Salesforce).
- Manage technology implementation between school and Dow Jones stakeholders.
- 1-3+ years sales support experience.
- Experience working in the academic market preferred
- College degree (or equivalent), preferably in marketing, communications, or a business discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling strong customer management and prompt follow-up.
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint needed.
- Salesforce.com or other CRM experience preferred.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.