Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media.
Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals.
Overview of Role
COVER provides insightful analysis, news, features and regular supplements on all aspects of the protection and health insurance market.
The brand also features articles on business protection and employee benefits and regularly holds roundtable discussions, giving advisers and providers the chance to meet and challenge each other on key industry developments.
COVER requires an editor who will develop effective relationships with the audience and sponsors and show passion and thought-leadership for social issues such as diversity & inclusion, mental health & wellbeing and financial resilience.
As Editor you will be expected to develop strong contacts within the protection insurance, private medical insurance and employee benefit markets as well as associated industries and industry players.
You will be writing daily news, contributing analysis, opinion pieces, interviews, features and lead social media activity.
You will be required to be the face of the brand: host COVER conferences, moderate and chair live webinar discussions, podcasts, digital events and roundtables, organise and conduct regular video interviews; and represent the brand at external industry events.
You will also have ultimate oversight for the rankings, awards, conference programmes and data campaigns that occur during the year, while spearheading and leading industry-wide editorial campaigns to help raise awareness about key issues.
What we value:
Our ideal candidate will be a senior reporter, news or deputy editor looking for the next step in their career. Does that sound like you?
You should have:
- An understanding of protection/insurance, private medical insurance and employee benefits (preferred but not essential)
- A strong understanding of the commercial opportunities around the brand
- Experience of leading face-to-face events and public speaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Very strong attention to detail and effective time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build business relationships at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised.
You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Group personal pension plan
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
- Plus a huge number of salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, techscheme, gym discounts, and many more.
How to apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click 'APPLY' to start your journey. We look forward to welcoming you on board!