Head of Project Management Office, Dow Jones - NY
As the Head of Project Management Office (PMO), you will partner with the VP, Strategic Initiatives to develop and lead a 'Center of Excellence' that helps achieve quality, consistency, and oversight of projects across the Company by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards and tools.
Establishing the organization's approach to the full life cycle of projects aligned to our strategic Initiatives, this includes everything from project planning, initiation, resourcing and execution to monitoring, control and completion.
Ensuring the PMO meets performance targets that are aligned with the organization's strategic objectives and adheres to best practices. You will be a trusted part of the leadership team that is steering the organization through a period of change and growth.
This is a unique opportunity to have a first hand view to the organization and should be able to clearly express it and formulate ideas and influence solutions at all levels - particularly around change management, growth strategies and operations.
- Establish the PMO operating model, organization structure, set standards of team capabilities, and success measures
- Collaborate with other department leaders to define, prioritize and develop projects
- Trusted strategic advisor, work alongside business leaders to help determine which projects should be undertaken - why and when, not just how
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various projects/deliverables
- Overseeing the development of the project and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the Company's standards, goals, and values
- Training, leading, and coaching team members
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes
- Accurately documenting the project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification
- Analyze Financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation
- Providing Financial reports and budget outline to Executives in partnership with Finance
Who you are:
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive strategies and build relationships
- Ability to understand, organize and present complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable strategies and tell the story and communicate to stakeholders at all levels
- Proven creative ability in generating new and innovative ideas
- Consistent track record of successfully managing large scale global projects
- Highly motivated and capable of both working independently and with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with competing resources and deadline
- 10+ years preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- Experience in collaborating with other department leaders to develop projects and programs within a global organization
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.