IWSC, Digital Content Editor
6 days left
- Full Time
If you’re an experienced Digital Marketer or/and Digital Editor with a keen interest in wine and/or spirits, we have the perfect role for you
The IWSC has been tasting and evaluating the world’s finest wine and spirits for over 50 years. In that time, it has earned a reputation for innovation and engagement, as well as for unbiased, meticulous and authoritative judging.
Established in 1969 under the name Club Oenologique, the IWSC pioneered the bringing of best-in-show wine & spirits to the attention of consumers through a rigorous selection process.
Honouring this original aim – and reviving the original brand – in 2019 the IWSC launched its own media title, Club Oenologique, celebrating and showcasing the very best in wine & spirits, gastronomy, travel and lifestyle.
This role is key to our marketing strategy, helping us reach thousands of readers on a regular basis via our two websites, organic search and social media. You will have extensive experience of working in digital content development, social media and customer journeys.
The successful candidate will use a content management system to create, upload, edit and publish content - including features written by freelancers - and ensure existing content is up-to-date and fully SEO-optimised.
- Be a gatekeeper for all content that goes onto our websites and social media
- Use your skills and a keen eye to suggest new, innovative ways of engaging with our audience and expanding our market.
- Take a strategic approach to digital content, maintain high standards and deliver a great customer experience.
- Regularly audit and edit existing content to ensure SEO best practice
- Regularly measure the success of content performance and review content regularly to ensure it reaches thousands of readers.
- Proofread, line edit, and SEO copy edit text to match the tone and clarity our audience expects.
- Write supporting micro-copy (headlines, standfirsts, related links, etc.)
- Commission, edit and publish freelance content
- Write relevant and exciting copy. Provide sub-editing support as needed, ensuring copy is accurate, consistent and suited to the intended channel.
- Oversee schedules and editorial digital calendars as well as setting deadlines across IWSC & Club Oenologique.
- Maintain an efficient and effective workflow to ensure that all digital content is produced on time.
- Upload, publish and edit content using our content management system
- Compile and curate content for email newsletters
- Work closely with Content Director to create briefs for industry experts and external contributors.
- Oversee content strategy across social media platforms
- In collaboration with the Content Director, generate content ideas to support the content strategy.
- Exceptional editorial skills with the ability to bring stories to life in an engaging way, including writing for the web, editing and picture selection and cropping.
- Strong editorial SEO experience, including working with SEO keyword tools/software.
- An ability to draw on both editorial and SEO know-how to create briefs for our experts and contributors.
- Digitally minded and a passion for the data side of web editing, including closely monitoring and interpreting performance and trends.
- Highly creative: full of ideas and with a ‘think-outside-the-box’ approach to idea generation.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results
- Technically proficient – able to learn new tools and platforms quickly
- Ability to make strategic, commercial decisions
- Demonstrable experience in paid social media advertising
- A keen interest in the spirit industry
- You must have worked within an editorial or Digital Marketing role previously
The Digital Content Editor will be temporarily home-based.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send a covering email and CV.
The closing date for this vacancy will be 3 December 2020. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to an interview and an offer may be made prior to the closing date.