Video Editorial Assistant, The TRUST - NY
The Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group, The TRUST, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more.
The Media Manager and Video Editor Assistant will report to the Director of Production and work with a team of clients, producers, video editors, and freelancers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all media assets from external vendors and internal shoots
- Edit a variety of client work across various topics: Finance, Consumer, Tech and B2B
- Work with a team of creatives, video products, designers and editorial leads to maintain consistency from start to finish on video projects
- Use client supplied assets as well as shot footage to create engaging video edits that adhere to the quality standards of the company.
- Virtually/Remotely Edit and manage media for both internal tasks and awarded jobs
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with a knowledge of cloud-based file-sharing platforms
- Work across file-sharing servers to organize and store RAW video files and assets. Remotely for internal and external use
- Proficient in Editing in Premiere Pro & After Effects virtually/without an edit bay
- Ability to create motion graphics such as lower thirds or emphasizing text and virtually store all assets for sharing across teams
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from supervisors and clientele
- Must be able to work under minimal direction to identify and resolve problems
- Create and manage post-production workflow
- Maintain a high and consistent standard of quality and speed
- 2-3 years post-production experience, preferably with a content/advertising agency
- The ability to ask questions and work independently
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.