Video Producer, The TRUST - NY
The Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group, The TRUST, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more.
The Virtual Video Producer will report to the Director of Production and work with a team of clients, producers, video editors, and freelancers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute virtual video shoots across a variety of subject matter
- Customize virtual filming kits and distribute to talent; maintain safety protocol and inventory
- Remotely train clients and talent on at-home filming including logistical considerations, preparation, test shots, and troubleshooting
- Drive the creation of the highest quality original creative content and narratives
- Help pitch creative ideas regularly and in response to briefs that call for virtual videos
- Build and develop a strong external network of freelancers, agencies, directors, and animators to cover our various commissioned works. Be aware of market prices and negotiate and challenge where necessary
- Run a detailed and comprehensive schedule and establish a critical path and workflow to project manage end-to-end virtual video production
- Ensure visual quality and accuracy of details are paramount throughout
- Manage multiple production jobs at the same time from concept, hiring, project planning, directors, casting, and post-production
- Lead on-set production when necessary following all the latest recommended safety procedures and practices
- 5 years experience in a busy, production role is desirable
Essential Skills & Requirements
- An experienced, creative video producer with a strong knowledge of luxury, travel, finance, CPG, Tech and TMT, in both editorial and branded content
- A strategic thinker with a strong knowledge and understanding of the global digital state of play of video
- Highly self-motivated, problem solver and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to excel within the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing company
- Experience of working with creative and commercial teams and managing expectations all round in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with virtual video publishing platforms such as YouTube and more
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and remote video servers
- Knowledge of cameras and lighting equipment
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.