PinkNews, News Reporter
PinkNews, the world’s largest LGBT+ digital publisher. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves.
We are seeking a News Reporter to join our dynamic and award-winning newsroom. The role will encompass writing everything from breaking news, features and interviews, and ensuring PinkNews remains at the forefront of publishing global LGBT+ news and content.
This is an exciting time to join our team where no two days are the same. Our small, hardworking team delivers breaking news, quality journalism and original content across all platforms to a global audience. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by informing, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services.
- Produce first class news content
- Respond quickly and reflexively to the daily news cycle
- Source and write exclusive news stories and features relevant to our readers
- Cultivate and maintain influential sources to maintain a flow of original news stories
- Work collaboratively with the wider PinkNews team to identify relevant stories for our platforms including; Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube
Key Skills and Experience
- NCTJ or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within a fast-paced digital newsroom
- A passion for LGBT+ content and a belief in equality for all
- Ability to identify, pitch and write original and engaging stories
- An understanding of SEO and publishing to a social audience
- Competitive salary £DoE
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social (albeit currently remote!) team environment
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to submit a CV and cover letter with examples of your work. We look forward to hearing from you!
PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.