Barcroft Studios, Junior Editorial Producer
About the Team
Known as the home of amazing true stories, Barcroft Studios produces a series of hit digital shows which run across all the major digital platforms, amassing millions of views on Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat.
Our hit series include Born Different, Hooked On The Look, Miami Muscle, and Brand New Me and play on our own Truly channel, which lives on an increasing number of platforms including YouTube and Pluto.
The editorial team is responsible for finding and producing the stories that populate these series.
We have millions of viewers across the globe and the purpose of this role is to find and produce the stories that will keep them coming back to our channel. It’s a role that is incredibly creative, demanding and fast moving, but a lot of fun.
This position could suit a print journalist who is looking to make the move into digital video production.
- Researching original, inspiring real life stories that will appear in our hit series and resonate with Barcroft’s young, passionate audience.
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from the initial idea to a finished film.
- Co-producing entire series runs of our shows, ensuring that every episode is compelling, surprising, and inspiring, and that each series features a wide range of stories and contributors.
- Managing every step of the production of your stories - pitching them, writing shooting briefs, edit scripts and final news copy that will accompany your story.
- Pitching in new ideas that will keep our series refreshed and exciting.
- Ensuring you hit both deadlines and production targets. We currently publish 9 new episodes every week and have to hit, or exceed, our production targets.
- A passion for finding, and producing, previously untold amazing true stories.
- To be hugely organised and detail focused - you will be juggling a large number of stories at various stages of the production process.
- To be a team player with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- The drive to succeed in a hugely creative, but pressurised, environment.
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams.
We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs.
Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.