Web Content Coordinator, The Wall Street Journal - NY
As the Web Content Coordinator, you will be in charge of ensuring all the content on our event websites is up-to-date, including agendas, speaker bios, messaging, video, images and anything else that showcases these exceptional experiences.
The Web Content Associate will also help create briefs for new site launches, develop new content ideas, coordinate assets and be on-site at events as needed.
Understanding the technical components of web development will be required. You will not be coding, but will need to know how to upload content into a CMS and how to talk to developers when design changes related to content are needed.
You are passionate about good websites and website content and bring ideas to the table. You obsessively pay attention to detail, have a strong command of grammar and know your way around a CMS (WordPress).
- Ensure all content on our event websites is up-to-date, including agendas, speaker bios, messaging, video, images
- Manage the process of posting content, working with Programming and Events teams to collect assets
- Assist Brand leadership with briefs and occasionally projects on-site
- Help develop new ideas for content that will enhance the experience on our event websites
- Understand and use google keywords to write meta descriptions
- High-level understanding of analytics and tagging to convey how content is performing, and to optimize the websites based on this analysis
- Upload content into a CMS (WordPress)
- Liaise with internal developers on uploading content that cannot be done via WordPress, or to change elements of the web page based on content needs
- Ability to manage projects through multiple cross-functional teams
- Problem-solving skills when bugs or website glitches happen
- 2-4 years experience managing and developing web content
- Strong attention to detail
- Omniture & GA
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- UX, UI required
- WordPress required
- Strong command of language and grammar
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field a plus
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.