Deputy Editor, Time Out - UAE
3 days left
- Full Time
Time Out UAE is looking for a talented, energetic Deputy Editor to deliver exciting, engaging content to its audience in the United Arab Emirates, across digital, print and social.
- Support the Editor in the overall production, execution and management of Time Out’s print, digital, social and application products in the UAE, including Time Out Dubai, Time Out Abu Dhabi and Time Out Sharjah.
- Manage and motivate an editorial team, collaborate with other Editors in the Group and maintain a strong working relationship with the commercial team.
- Plan, write, commission, edit and proof content, overseeing flatplanning and leading product press days, and making sure content is executed in line with Time Out’s SEO and social strategies.
- Work to ensure Time Out is the first to break news of happenings within the brand’s remit, quickly identifying subjects, topics and events that will make compelling content pieces and making sure they’re executed in line with our overall brand strategy.
- Alongside the Editor, ensure Time Out’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Work with the Editor and Editorial Director to ensure ALL content reflects Time Out’s overall editorial strategy and meets brand guidelines
- Work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to ensure content is live on deadline and on budget.
- Regularly post and create content, which may include sponsored or offer based content, to social media.
- Work with video team to create successful video content relevant to your products, be ready to jump front-of-camera when required.
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g. engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Work with a small, but talented editorial to populate an editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Support the sales team by generating content strategies and establishing good relationships PRs.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Embrace Time Out’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Time Out and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Undertake reviews and attend events outside of office hours.
- Drive and develop Time Out’s annual event and awards properties.
- Assume responsibilities of the Editor during periods of annual leave.
- Be driven by the prospect of one day becoming the Editor.
- You must be passionate about storytelling and editorial innovation, enthusiastic about unearthing the best experiences in the Emirates, and have a record of managing a team in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Keen creativity and a real eye for design – great covers, video formats, visually-engaging content packages.
- A skilled manager.
- Is excited by the challenge of last-minute, ad-hoc projects in addition to daily output.
- Able to work creatively and efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Bursting with a wealth of ideas that can be used across all Time Out platforms.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Software: Adobe InDesign (essential); Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop (desirable).
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.
Being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders. To ensure we invest in the development of our team, employees are given access to a variety of learning resources and exciting career development opportunities.
We believe in recognizing the passionate efforts of our team members. Our employees are rewarded by competitive tax-free remuneration, attractive bonus structure, medical insurance and a generous leave entitlement scheme that sees annual holiday entitlement grow as tenure with the company increases. ITP employees also enjoy a variety of staff offers at many local restaurants, salons, hotels and service providers.