Features Editor, Condé Nast Traveller - Dubai
ITP Media Group reaches an audience of more than 50.3 million people across the Middle East and beyond through its leading websites, portals, social media platforms, events, conferences, award ceremonies, magazines, books and social media influencer agency.
We are looking for a Features Editor to join the team.
The Features Editor will be responsible for supporting the Editor-in-Chief in producing a world-class magazine and contributing to brand digital channels, including creating content, managing production schedules and budgets, sub-editing and overseeing the internship programme.
They will be responsible for ideating and planning, doing research, writing fresh copy and sub-editing, working with freelancers, as well as conceiving and writing promotional content for clients when needed.
The position reports to the Editor-in-Chief, but the ideal candidate will be capable of good decision-making and self-supervision.
- Coming up with fresh ideas for each issue, and writing in an interesting, appealing manner, in keeping with Conde Nast Traveller Middle East’s brand values and tone
- Fact-checking and subediting all stories to ensure information is always accurate and in keeping with the style guide
- Liaising with freelance contributors/translators for content
- Managing the magazine’s production schedule
- Managing the syndication process for content
- Working with the sales team on promotional materials when booked
- Participating in digital content creation alongside rest of the team
- Overseeing the internship programme
- Be ultra-organized and have a keen eye for details
- Be a positive team player
- Have experience managing tight budgets and working effectively to deadlines
- Have strong writing and sub-editing skills
- Have excellent communication skills and an engaging tone of voice
- Be able to come up with creative, appealing, on-brand story ideas and undertake research using a variety of sources
- Work with the editor-in-chief to ensure ALL content reflects overall content / editorial strategy and brand values.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Office, InDesign, PhotoShop; any CMS or video editing software experience is a bonus
- Have a rolodex of contacts in the travel industry
- Have knowledge of best practices as regards social media
- Be able to come up with creative promotional copy according to client briefs
- Be able to multitask and prioritise work schedules
- Have a great respect for brand and willingness to learn
- A collaborative approach is essential
- A strong industry reputation (desired)
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Condé Nast Traveller and an evangelist for our brand in the market
- Undertake reviews or attend events as needed outside of office hours
- Fluent English
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
- Prior experience in lifestyle journalism is a must.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.
Being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders.
To ensure we invest in the development of our team, employees are given access to a variety of learning resources and exciting career development opportunities.
We believe in recognizing the passionate efforts of our team members. Our employees are rewarded by competitive tax-free remuneration, attractive bonus structure, medical insurance and a generous leave entitlement scheme that sees annual holiday entitlement grow as tenure with the company increases. ITP employees also enjoy a variety of staff offers at many local restaurants, salons, hotels and service providers.