Program Lead, Dow Jones - NY
Who reports into: Director, Programming
The Program Lead will work closely with the rest of the Programming team on sourcing and managing speaker outreach and communications for all our in-person and virtual events; in addition to this, the Program Lead will be a critical role of ensuring all interviews and talks are produced day-of to the high standards we hold at Dow Jones, working hand-in-hand with the show team.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the Director of Programming on creating the key editorial themes for our programs and generating speaker ideas to match those themes.
- Work together with the rest of the Live Journalism Programming team in creating program structures in a timely manner
- Research, identify and confirm speakers for our Live Journalism events
- Manage all associated follow-up details and communications for our events such as program schedule and speakers with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage all speaker relations for the events both before the event, onsite during the event and post-event
- Work closely and keep all internal stakeholders (newsroom, sponsorship, marketing, press) updated on all information that is relevant about our events in a timely manner
- Schedule and run regular programming meetings with editors and other stakeholders as needed
- Back up support on Live Journalism events as needed
Qualification / Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years conference programming experience with B2B or B2C brands, with a proven track record of success
- Must be passionate about content, live events and conferences
- Possess a fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic. Demonstrated ability to respond to deadlines with urgency and effectively manage competing priorities within the live events and conferences programming world
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask and creatively problem solve within short time frames
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism while working with key stakeholders and potential speakers
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Degree level education
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.